Monday, December 5, 2011

MySQL Connection with ASP.NET

Hi Friends, 

Today I just want to share one important thing. Actually this is asked by my junior that Is there any possibility to connect MySQL database with .Net. So, my answer is Yes, it is possible. MySQL is owned by Oracle but still we can easily connect this database to ASP.NET application using ODBC connector. For this, you have to download MySQL Connector/ODBC 6.4.4. It can be downloaded from the Internet or you may use this link http://www.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

After installation, you may able to connect the MySQL with an ASP.NET application. The connection string which may be used for this is as follows----


connectionString="DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 6.4.4 Driver}; Database=Your Database; Server=localhost; UID=Your username; PWD=Your password;"


You can use this connection string in your application and easily access the data from the database (MySQL).

If u have any difficulty you can send your comments to me.

Thanking You,
Rishi Agarwal

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog created by the blog owner I like this post. It is very informative and attractive also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "it is possible because MySQL is also the product of Microsoft"
    Oh no it isn't. It's owned by Oracle, Microsoft's deadly database rival!

    The connection string "Driver" section was exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to u also. I have updated my blog after getting my mistake.

    ReplyDelete

Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels IPO: Should You Invest Today?

The Apeejay Surrendra Park Hotels (ASPH) IPO hits the market today, February 5th, 2024, offering a chance to invest in a well-established...